Wednesday 5 March 2008

Day 5 - Tuesday





The Odyssey, the Gods and some poems by Lorca. Maria was kind enough to give us the translations, whilst Alex, Toni, Randa and Marina read the poems aloud, that was really something! Oh, and what’s more, it was Mercè´s and Eliot´s birthdays!!! During the break, we gave them presents and a cake each. One of the presents was a photograph of the group in Athens. I want it too – good vibrations! Toni said he didn´t like himself in the picture…I kind of agree, Toni!

I found myself a little present too, inside my bag– completely unexpected. I like those little things that make life a big thing. Thanks!

Lunch with Katerina, Maria and the P.E teacher. All of them are going to come to BDN. They invited us to a place called…mm…can’t remember. This is a small open “bar”, where you eat sausages, meat, salad and feta, feta feta – of course! Yum! Lovely. The conversation we had in the coffee rooms afterwards was excellent! History was being explained through feelings. Oh, and I forgot to mention the market in the morning, the best thing was the olives - they were much bigger than ours.

In the afternoon, we went to a big shopping centre. We would also have liked to have walked through the streets of Thessaloniki. The best part was playing pool with Amal and Marina –little show off- while some of the others students were bowling. Now, time for bed. Tomorrow, I have to wake up at 7.

Carme

No comments: